Purpose of the role:
You will be required to attend appointments/bookings at various locations in a company van (provided) to resolve or perform maintenance functions and inspections. You will assess, install and fix or fit equipment (tail lifts, Roller Doors etc) and/or supply parts as required.
- Report directly into the Aftersales Manager or any other person as directed by the General Manager and/or any director of the Company;
- Undertake all service, repair and refurbishment work that the Company schedules for you in accordance with its main business of aftersales and repair work for commercial vehicle bodies, tail lifts, crash cushions and other lifting equipment, including, without limitation, carrying out service work, scheduled repair and maintenance and breakdowns;
- Maintain your Company van in a tidy and efficient manner to enable safe working and facilitate stock takes, including without limitation (i) undertaking and recording daily, weekly and monthly checks for the van’s maintenance and (ii) providing feedback to the Operations Manager in relation to any potential issues with the van or equipment on the van;
- Work with company provided PDA or other device in order to accurately reflect the work undertaken during your working week, including clocking on and off sites of work, noting travelling time, reporting time taken to perform tasks and photographing all jobs undertaken as required to enable the company to provide estimates and/or obtain order numbers;
- Where required by your line manager and/or other supervisor, provide detailed information and advice in order to enable the Company to provide accurate quotations for repair work;
- Provide a timesheet detailing your week’s work prior to 10am each Monday morning;
- Communicate professionally with customers of the Company;
- Communicate regularly and professionally with the Company’s office staff;
- Provide regular feedback to the Operation Manager regarding performance;
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines, both of yourself and of the company’s engineers;
- Adhere to all company policies (including wearing of uniform), procedures and business ethics codes; and
- Undertaking all other tasks required by your line manager and/or any of the Company’s board of directors.
In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties.
Relationships and Roles:
- Work with other company employees to achieve sales strategy and Company goals, including with respect to upselling of parts to ensure maximum profitability for the Company;
- Wear all company provided clothing and personal protective equipment, and at all times maintain a high standard of dress in accordance with the company’s image; and
- Maintain contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, reporting current issues to the board of directors as required.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Have a high standard and concern for excellence
- Problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Good time Management
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping standards in own area
- Honest and determined
- Ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to follow instructions and abide by Health and Safety regulations
- Positive “can do” attitude
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced environment